And, time to close a few more tabs…
- It’s lovely that the Internet can bring me an interactive beer and food matching guide. Sadly, it uses a different algorithm than I do–resulting in far more matches with “see through” beer than my scheme would generate.
- Speaking of beer, I love the idea of beer haiku. My favourite so far:
You will never know
If it is the glass too much
If you don’t drink it!
- That same site brings a round up of lots of other beer-and-food pairing pieces.
- It’s nice to see someone take on the idea that only kids with no extra-work life can be valuable employees in the computer industry.
- The logical conclusion to Bush’s effect on US currency.
- Yes, I believe this may actually qualify as the geekiest band in the world. (As an aside, aren’t the people who have nostalgic memories of the C-64 now mostly outside of the vaunted 18-35 demographic?)
- Here’s your most-likely-to-break-my-brain YouTube of the day. And a context link.
- So absinthe doesn’t make you mad, it just makes you really drunk. Fine with me. Death in the Afternoon is still a recipe for… well for disastrously bad decisions that you don’t really remember making. And sometimes you need that.
- “Any leucocratic tonalite, esp. one in which the plagioclase is oligoclase.” Yeah, some of those definitions in the OED need some… well, apparently they need some translation into English. I guess I was wrong about what that E stood for. (And if you knew what word that definition was for without clicking through, slap yourself. No really. Slap yourself.)
- Is it wrong that I find the Australia apology song and video really rather touching? Well tough, because I do.
- I should design a computer language, so I would have an excuse to never shave again. I bet I would look cool with a ZZ Top beard.
- OK, the idea of residents of Lesbos suing to make lesbians stop calling themselves lesbians cracks me up. I bet there’s a good number of people on the island also enjoying the ludicrousness.
- And no link list would be complete without a link to a really dumb criminal.